What Is The Starting Salary For A Data Scientist In India?4.9 out of 5 based on 8417 votes
Last updated on 12th May 2023 12.8K Views
If you want to become a Data Scientist and wants to know about the starting salary for a Data Scientist in India then read this blog post.
Data Science is a set of IT technologies that helps in extracting knowledge from data sets which are typically huge in amount. In addition, it consists of analysis, preparing data, and presenting the data. The Data Science process uses tools and techniques to manipulate the data to extract something meaningful. The primary steps in the Data Science process include the following things.
- Asking questions and analyzing the raw data.
- Modeling the data using various complex algorithms.
- Visualizing the data to get a better perspective.
- Understanding the data to make better decisions.
Components of Data Science
Data Science includes seven important components which are as follows:
- Statistics- It is a significant component of data science that provides a great way to collect and analyze numerical data. In addition, it settles data and extracts meaningful insights from it.
- Domain Expertise- This binds data science together with the skills of a particular area. It's because there are various areas for which we need domain experts.
- Data engineering- This is a part of data science that includes acquiring, storing, retrieving, and transforming the data. Moreover, it consists of metadata to the data.
- Visualization- It means the process of representing data in a visual context. This allows people to easily understand the significance of data and access it.
- Advanced computing- It refers to the practice of heavy lifting of data science. In addition, it includes designing, writing, debugging, and maintaining the source code of computer programs.
- Mathematics- This is the critical part of data science that involves the study of quantity, structure, space, and changes. To start a career in data science, it is necessary to have good mathematical knowledge.
- Machine learning- This is the backbone of data science and it refers to providing training to a machine. There are various machine learning algorithms useful to solve the problems.
Career Opportunities in Data Science
Data Science is one of the most lucrative and promising careers you can explore in the IT industry. However, to start a career, you will have to need hard skills like analysis, machine learning, statistics, and Hadoop. Along with it, you should also have soft skills like critical thinking, persuasive communication, and problem-solving. Many institutes provide Data Science Online Training in India and one can enroll in them to start a career in it. There are many job titles and careers in data science and it's one of the most in-demand career paths in technology today.
- Data Scientist
- Data Analyst
- Machine learning expert
- Data Engineer
- Data Architect
- Data Administrator
- Business Analyst
- Business Intelligence Manager
How to Become a Data Scientist?
The most important thing you need to do to become a data scientist is to develop your current abilities. In addition, you need to sharpen all your skills necessary in the data science domain. Various technical skills and soft skills are also necessary to start a career as s Data Scientist. Visit Data Science Training in Noida to know more about this profession. Below are some of the steps that can help you become a Data Scientist.
- Pursue education and certification along with all necessary certifications.
- Learn a coding language so that you can give yourself a head start in the data science industry.
- Learn from other industry experts as a beginner data scientist. Furthermore, learn from their experiences and improve your present ones.
- Create a portfolio and it will help you in landing a data science job as a freelancer. Moreover, you will be able to work for a company on-site and create a portfolio.
- Develop technical abilities to
increase your success rate in data science. Learn skills like Database design,
Data visualization, and reporting technique
What is the starting salary for a Data Scientist in India?
The beginner-level salary for a data scientist in India can be about ₹500,000 per year. In addition, after gaining 5 to 9 years of experience, you can earn around ₹1,004,082 per year. As per a recent survey, the average salary for a data scientist in India is around ₹10,75,000 per year. Above all, experienced candidates can easily earn up to ₹2,000,000 per year. The average starting salary of a data scientist is around INR 4.96 LPA and with experience it can go as high as 25-30 lakhs per annum.
Data Science is a set of IT technologies that helps in extracting knowledge from data sets which are typically huge in amount. In addition, it comprises analysis, processing data, and presenting the results. Understanding the data to make better decisions. In addition, you need to sharpen all your skills necessary in the data science domain.
Subscribe For Free Demo
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *