SAP FICO: Introduction, Features, And All You Need To Know4.8 out of 5 based on 8547 votes
Last updated on 31st Aug 2022 18.2K Views
SAP FICO is a prominent core functional module in the SAP ERP that offers sophisticated solutions related to the management of financial data.
Sap FICO enables an organization to securely store a comprehensive version of the transaction data and other financial details. Essentially, the main purpose of SAP FICO is to aid companies in generating and governing detailed financial statements for the purpose of reporting and analysis. Furthermore, by allowing for efficient reporting and analysis, it ultimately renders the organizations with enough technological prowess to readily adopt sophisticated business strategies and prudent decision-making. It primarily consists of two submodules finance (FI) and Controlling (CO) and both of them are applicable for financial purposes. To upgrade your proficiency and level up your positional growth, it is advisable to sign up for SAP FICO Online Training to better your prospects in the job market.
Now, let us proceed ahead and go in-depth about certain features that the module offers to allow users to handle financial data efficaciously.
Features of SAP FICO
SAP FICO consists of a multitude of components that offers different characteristics for effective management of financial transaction data. Read about the useful characteristics of SAP FICO from the pointers below:
- The main component of SAP FICO is Accounts Receivable. Its core features include maintaining and controlling data related to transactions with clients and customers.
- Furthermore, SAP is also responsible for maintaining a track record related to the payments made to vendors or supplies. It does through a component known as Accounts Payable and it manages and keeps a record of all the money transactions made to all the vendors.
- SAP FICO also ensures a real-time reconciliation between two sections, i.e., management accounting and financial accounting. Therefore, it effectively ensures parallel accounting, which is an important concept in SAP FICO.
- It utilizes multi-faceted components for end-to-end solutions pertaining to controlling and financial accounting. It offers components such as Cost Center Accounting, Cost Element Accounting, Activity Based Costing, Internal Orders, Profitability Analysis, etc.
Now, let us peruse a few points pertinent to the benefits of SAP FICO. It will give you an indication of the extent of the application range of SAP FICO.
Advantages of SAP FICO
The reasons for the prominence of SAP FICO among all the options are multifarious. However, quick configurational features and compatibility with different systems are the most common reasons. There are other benefits of the module as explained below:
- SAP FICO is a utility tool to facilitate external as well as internal auditing processes.
- The module allows for streamlined controlling functions and financial accounting.
- It provides reliable, fast, and reliable information so as to meet the specifications of the external reporting tasks. It satisfies distinct reporting requirements such as Profit, Balance Sheet, Profitability Analysis, Loss Statements, etc.
- The module helps you to monitor and manage data existing in distinct profit and cost centers situated worldwide from a singular and unified platform.
- It supports fast and prudent financial decisions by providing efficacious solutions regarding real-time financial processing.
- SAP FICO renders users with readily available options for managing receivables and payables, collections, credit management, finance, collections, treasury functions, etc.
- It streamlines some of the core processes like financial consolidation, scheduling, reporting, etc.
SAP FICO is a widely-popular component in the SAP ERP software. It is ubiquitous for handling all data related to financial transactions. The above article provides a few succinct points pertaining to the features and beneficial points of SAP FICO. Thus, a certification course from SAP FICO Training Institute in Delhi is a good choice for constructing a career in this domain. However, it is imperative to know that knowledge about fundamentals, sound analytical skills, and industry knowledge are non-negotiable in this field.
Subscribe For Free Demo
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.