What Is SAP ABAP: Is Certification In It Worthy?4.8 out of 5 based on 5264 votes
Last updated on 10th Nov 2022 8.1K Views
SAP ABAP is a high-level programming language useful for customizing the SAP ERP. For more details read this post.
To begin with, SAP ABAP is a high-level programming language useful for customizing the SAP ERP. It is the primary programming language supported on the SAP NetWeaver ABAP application server platform and it facilitates the development of business applications in the SAP environment.
ABAP comes with programs that are executable unit or library that provides reusable code to other programs. These programs contain several processing blocks that can be occurred in any order within the source code. In addition, each program has its own type to specify how that program will run. To further know about these programs, one can visit SAP ABAP Online Training. There are mainly two types of ABAP programs, which are as follows.
- Executable Programs - These programs are capable of running or starting directly by entering the name of the program. They are two types which are Reports and Module Pools.
- Non-executable Programs - They cannot run directly and they contain the source code that can only be used by the other application programs. Furthermore, its examples are Interface Pools, Function Groups, Subroutine Pools, Object Classes, and Class Pools.
Features of SAP ABAP
ABAP is the core language used in the SAP R/3 platform and it is easy to learn and provides both procedural and object-oriented concepts of programming. It is the technology on which the ABAP developers work to develop various SAP applications. In addition, it consists of various significant features like data sharing, exception handling, data persistence, enable to make enhancements, etc. Using this language allows developers to make any changes in applications of ERP systems. Furthermore, the SAP functional modules are written in the ABAP language. Apart from these, given below are some of the significant features of SAP ABAP.
- Logical database connections - It allows the abstraction of code from a specific database. It configures database connections outside of ABAP code and allows the reuse of code in different database environments.
- Internal Tables - They consist of objects which are only accessible by using special language keywords or Open SQL. This feature contrasts with the concept of typed arrays like in Java or C++.
- Data Dictionary - This is a universal dictionary of data structure definitions that includes business logic. This business logic is available to all ABAP programs in a system.
- Change and Transport System (CTS) - It tracks changes to development objects and manages their promotion. Thus, ensuring quality assurance and production environments.
- Shared development system - This is a significant aspect of ABAP. This language differs from most newer languages in that development usually takes place on a shared system.
Is Getting SAP ABAP Certification Worthy?
SAP certifications are highly sought and gaining an ABAP certification has a wide range of positive effects on an individual. In addition, this certification will make you an expert and will improve your marketability. Furthermore, you will have an access to a wide range of professional opportunities in ABAP programming. Moreover, these certifications act as proof of your skills and make you more employable. SAP ABAP Training in Delhi has become increasingly popular as the demand for these professionals has increased a lot. Above all, these certifications will also provide you with benefits like increased self-confidence and higher growth potential.
SAP ABAP is a high-level programming language useful for customizing the SAP ERP. It facilitates the development of business applications in the SAP environment and comes with reusable code for other programs. This programming language comes with various features like logical database connections, Internal Tables, Data dictionaries, CTS, and many more. A certification in it is highly worthy and it provides you with numerous career growth opportunities. In conclusion, ABAP Certification improves your self-confidence and makes you more employable.
Subscribe For Free Demo
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *