What Are The Roles & Responsibilities Of A Salesforce Admin: How To Become One?4.8 out of 5 based on 4215 votes
Last updated on 14th Nov 2022 6.1K Views
Starting a career as a Salesforce Admin requires various core skills. To know more about these skills read this post.
Salesforce Administrators are highly qualified professionals that work with stakeholders to define system requirements and customize the platform. These professionals best understand how to make the platform work for their company's goals and enable users to get the most out of Salesforce technology.
How to Become a Salesforce Admin?
To become a salesforce admin, one does not need to have a technical background or knowledge of Salesforce technology to begin. To start a career in this domain, you need to familiarize yourself with the platform and take the official exam. In addition, Salesforce consists of various modules and other learning tools that help you in preparing for the exam. It requires you to prepare and study, and then pass the Salesforce Certified Administrator exam. The first thing you need to do is gain experience using this platform and enhance your skills. Good skills will allow you to demonstrate your job readiness to employers. You can easily gain experience in this field by taking Salesforce Online Training.
After that, you need to pass the Salesforce Certified Administrator exam. Furthermore, this exam tests your skills in configuration and setup, using object manager, lightning app builder, and sales and marketing applications. After that, you need to apply for Salesforce administrator jobs and identify your career goals. Furthermore, there are various job sites available for discovering job openings. Above all, make sure your resume is up-to-date with your experience, certifications, and skills. To further know about it, one can visit Salesforce Online Training. Starting a career as a Salesforce Admin requires various core skills which are as follows.
- Product Management
- User Management
- Data Management
- Business Analysis
- Automating Processes
- Analyzing Data
- Problem Solving
- Learner Mindset
- Attention to Detail
Roles & Responsibilities of a Salesforce Admin
Salesforce admin needs to have a deep knowledge of the business and sales processes. He or she is the person in charge of making implementation run smoothly. These professionals need to be passionate and they should communicate concerns and then work on solutions. A good admin is a motivated self-starter, not someone who needs to be micromanaged. He/She always looks for ways to enhance the user experience and provide your team with best practices. In addition, communication skills are important for a Salesforce Admin as they are your connection between end users and management. Furthermore, they need to be comfortable working with technology and should have project management experience to manage the ins and outs of implementation. Given below are some of the roles and responsibilities of a Salesforce Admin.
- Data Cleaning - This responsibility includes eliminating duplicate accounts and contacts by mass updating and importing data using import wizards, data loaders, etc.
- Customization and Development - These professionals need to set menus to add picklist values, modify page layouts, create mapping rules, and more.
- User Maintenance - They are responsible for adding new users, modifying existing accounts, checking system permissions on user profiles, restricting or opening access to data, etc.
- Reports and Dashboards - They need to create reports to obtain a large amount of information from the data in Salesforce. Furthermore, this data is useful for decision-making.
Certifications that a Salesforce Admin can Obtain:
Getting a certification in the Salesforce administrator profile does not need deep technical knowledge. However, it is necessary to have an appropriate experience using the platform. There are many Salesforce Training Institute in Noida and one can enroll in them to start a career in it. Given below are some of the certifications related to the Salesforce admin role.
- Administrator - This certification is ideal for those with Salesforce experience who are continuously looking for ways to assist their companies.
- Advanced Administrator - It is for experienced professionals in designing advanced platform setup and configuration solutions.
- CPQ Specialist - It is for those who have experience implementing Salesforce CPQ. It is a great way to demonstrate skills and knowledge in designing and building.
- Marketing Cloud Administrator - This certification is for administrators that can configure Marketing Cloud products utilizing industry and product best practices.
- Platform App Builder - It is an ideal certification for those professionals who want to demonstrate skills and knowledge in designing, building, and implementing custom applications.
Salesforce Administrators are highly qualified professionals that work with stakeholders to define system requirements and customize the platform. This career option requires various skills such as Product Management, User Management, Data Management, Security, Business Analysis, and Automating Processes. Etc. In conclusion, these administrators are responsible for various tasks like data cleaning, customization and development, user maintenance, and creating reposts.
Subscribe For Free Demo
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.