What Are The Benefits Of Using DevOps?4.9 out of 5 based on 1452 votes
Last updated on 3rd Nov 2022 3.4K Views
DevOps increases your value and offers you with better, speedier, more comfortable, ways of doing things.
DevOps refers to Development and Operations, and it is a collection of philosophies, practices, and tools. It aims to increase the efficiency, speed, and security of software development and delivery.
The DevOps Lifecycle
The DevOps lifecycle consists of six phases, and every one of them is related to one other in one way or another. In addition, these phases represent processes, capabilities, and tools required for development and operation. They also require strong collaboration and communication among teams to maintain alignment, velocity, and quality. Many institutes provide DevOps Online Training and one can enroll in them to start a career in it. Here are the six phases of the DevOps Lifecycle.
- Plan- It consists of adapting agile practices to improve speed and quality. Agile refers to an iterative approach to project management that allows teams to break work into smaller pieces for delivering incremental value.
- Build-This is a free and open-source version control system that supports branching, merging, and rewriting repository history. In addition, it helps in making innovative and powerful workflows and tools for the development build process.
- Continuous integration and delivery-This phase permits teams to release quality products frequently and predictably. Furthermore, it ensures CI/CD teams can merge code changes frequently, deploy feature flags, and incorporate end-to-end testing.
- Monitor and alert- It includes quickly identifying and resolving issues that impact product uptime, speed, and functionality. This phase allows you to notify your team of changes, high-risk actions, or failures.
- Operate-Helps in managing the end-to-end delivery of IT services to customers. Moreover, it includes practices involved in the design, implementation, configuration, deployment, and maintenance of all IT infrastructure.
- Continuous feedback- It consists of evaluating each release and generating reports to improve future releases. Furthermore, it allows teams to improve their processes and incorporate customer feedback by gathering continuous feedback.
Benefits of Using DevOps
Using DevOps within an organization helps in shortening production costs. It allows the team to easily collaborate on the processes required to get the software operational. In addition, it eliminates silos and results in speeding up innovation and development. DevOps increases success rates and reduces the chances of programming errors that are responsible for deployment failures. It releases code frequently and ensures problem detection at an earlier stage.
Furthermore, it improves collaboration and communication and has completely changed the software development culture. DevOps allows teams to focus on a common goal instead of working with different objectives. It facilitates better communication and results in providing seamless development cycles, quick error discovery/resolution, and a faster route to market. Moreover, it facilitates automation and reduces manual processes in developing and testing. To further know about it, one can visit DevOps Training Institute in Noida. Apart from these, given below are some of the benefits of using DevOps.
A Good Organizational Culture
DevOps improves interpersonal relationships and builds interdepartmental trust. Furthermore, it ensures a better understanding of other teams, and what it takes to accomplish their tasks. It improves cooperation and understanding and results in increased productivity and higher profits.
Increase Product Quality
It adds quality to the development process and reduces instances of unplanned work. Furthermore, it minimizes the need to remedy security issues later on and saves time. Moreover, in DevOps, every member of the team is responsible for quality and security.
Increase Your Value
DevOps increases your value and offers you with better, speedier, more comfortable, ways of doing things. In addition, it helps in enhancing the overall software development process by introducing practical methodologies. Furthermore, it helps in keeping up with these changes.
Increase Your Salary
It is a highly demanded skill as companies continue to seek out ways to improve workflow processes. The majority of IT firms see the skills gap growing and need qualified professionals to fill them. It is a challenging career, but it offers you promising growth opportunities and a handsome salary.
Subscribe For Free Demo
Free Demo for Corporate & Online Trainings.